The CDI Spark 2420 specifically addresses the tag and label market. It images a full size 24” x 20” / 609 x 508 mm plate of arbitrary thickness in 23 minutes. The CDI Spark 2420 comes with EasyClamp for fast and most convenient plate loading on the vacuum drum.
Type of imager:
• External drum design with vacuum system and EasyClamp
• High power Fiber Laser source, Class 1 laser
• Screen rulings: up to 250 lpi, depending on imaging resolution
• Halftone 1-99%
• Standard Optics: fully variable from 2000 to 2540 ppi on job-to-job base
• HighRes Optics: fully variable from 2540 to 4000 ppi on job-to-job base (up to 6m2/h @ 4000 ppi)
• Grapholas® on Intel PC with Windows 7. The input file format is LEN or TIFF, compatible with all CDI family members.
RIP & Screening options:
•• Imaging Engine 2420
•• Industry standard PostScript/PDF RIP
•• Quality screening optimized for flexo (Circular, Double Circular dots) included in the RIP
•• Additional screening and proofing modules available
[7.5] 0.75 m²/h - 25 min.
 1.0 m²/h - 18 min. 30 sec
 1.5 m²/h - 12 min. 30 sec.
•• All digital photopolymer plates, ablative film or polyester-base Letterpress plates
•• Usable plate thickness: 0.030” to 0.100” / 0.76 to 2.54 mm
•• Size up to 24” x 20” / 609 x 508 mm (or smaller)
Magnetic drum / magnetic-vacuum drum option:
- Magnetic drum with customized register pin system for digital steel-base Letterpress plates (sizes up to 24” x 20” /
609 x 508 mm or smaller)
- Magnetic-vacuum drum for all digital polyester-base plates and steel-base Letterpress plates (sizes up to 24” x 20” /
609 x 508 mm or smaller)
•• Width 45.7” / 1160 mm
•• Depth 27.6” / 700 mm
•• Height 41.3” / 1050 mm
•• Weight 705 lb / 320 kg
•• Separate vacuum system and exhaust unit included
•• No external compressed air supply needed
•• No external water cooling is required
Imager: 230V/N/PE, 50/60 Hz
Exhaust unit: 230V/N/PE, 50/60 Hz, 1.2 kVA
A full-sized flexo imager able to produce larger format price-effective plates for corrugated converters. Loading and unloading of large, thick plates is assisted by an air-supported loading table that makes it easy to move plates in place - securing them in place is just as easy with the Esko EasyClamp III pneumatic clamp. The CDI Spark 5080 Semi offers automated plate loading and semi automated unloading. The option guarantees safe and simple loading of the thickest plates without operator intervention.
A small footprint, entry-level priced CDI for smaller narrow web/label trade shops and converters wanting digital plates that not only provide better print quality, but also offer consistent reprint quality.
The CDI Spark 1712 is a small footprint, cost-effective flexo plate and film imager specifically for narrow web tag and label printers. The CDI Spark 1712 is able to image digital flexo plates, foil-based digital letterpress plates, digital silkscreens, chemistry-free film such as PCI Laserpoint II, and chemistry-free offset plates.