For the tag and label market, folding carton and small volume flexo plate producers in general. It images digital flexo plates up to 25” x 30” (635 x 762mm) and comes with an incorporated plate loading table similar to CDI Spark 4835 and a EasyClamp II drum for easier and faster plate loading.
Type of imager:
• External drum design with vacuum system and EasyClamp
• High power Fiber Laser source, Class 1 laser
• Screen rulings: up to 250 lpi, depending on imaging resolution
• Halftone 1-99%
• Standard Optics: fully variable from 2000 to 2540 ppi on job-to-job base
• HighRes Optics: fully variable from 2540 to 4000 ppi on job-to-job base (up to 6m2/h @ 4000 ppi)
• Grapholas® on Intel PC with Windows 7. The input file format is LEN or TIFF, compatible with all CDI family members.
RIP & Screening options:
•• Optional Imaging Engine 2530
•• Industry standard PostScript/PDF RIP
•• Quality screening optimized for flexo and letterpress (Circular, Double Circular dots) included in the RIP
•• HD Flexo option for the finest print quality in flexo
•• Additional screening and proofing modules available
[7.5] 0.75 m²/h - 40 min.
 1.0 m²/h - 30 min.
 1.5 m²/h - 20 min.
 2.5 m²/h - 12 min.
•• All digital photopolymer plates, ablative film or polyester-base Letterpress plates
•• Usable plate thickness: 0.030” to 0.155” / 0.76 to 3.94 mm
•• Sizes: up to 25” x 30” / 635 x 762 mm or smaller
Magnetic drum / magnetic-vacuum drum option:
- Magnetic drum with customized register pin system for digital steel-base Letterpress plates (sizes up to 25” x 32” /
635 x 815 mm or smaller)
- Magnetic-vacuum drum for all digital polyester-base plates and steel-base Letterpress plates (sizes up to 25” x 32” /
635 x 815 mm or smaller)
•• Width 68” / 1730 mm
•• Depth 37.8” / 960 mm (loading table closed)
49.6” /1260 mm (loading table open)
•• Height 44.4” / 1128 mm
•• Weight 2380 lb / 1080 kg
•• Separate vacuum system and exhaust unit included
Imager: 230V/N/PE, 50/60 Hz
Exhaust unit: 230V/N/PE, 50/60Hz, 1.2 kVA
The CDI Spark 1712 is a small footprint, cost-effective flexo plate and film imager specifically for narrow web tag and label printers. The CDI Spark 1712 is able to image digital flexo plates, foil-based digital letterpress plates, digital silkscreens, chemistry-free film such as PCI Laserpoint II, and chemistry-free offset plates.
A small footprint, entry-level priced CDI for smaller narrow web/label trade shops and converters wanting digital plates that not only provide better print quality, but also offer consistent reprint quality.
A full-sized flexo imager able to produce larger format price-effective plates for corrugated converters. Loading and unloading of large, thick plates is assisted by an air-supported loading table that makes it easy to move plates in place - securing them in place is just as easy with the Esko EasyClamp III pneumatic clamp. The CDI Spark 5080 Semi offers automated plate loading and semi automated unloading. The option guarantees safe and simple loading of the thickest plates without operator intervention.